Wednesday 24 April 2013

Bio Oil Review

Bonjour, aufwiedersehen, ciao.... ( I have no idea if all of those mean hello....I hope so...)


Many women who are pregnant or have been pregnant use or at least know about bio oil helping to reduce/stop/prevent/heal the dreaded stretch marks! Here is a picture of the large size bottle, I think this size costs around £20.



I used bio oil from being 6 weeks pregnant right the way through to the very end and did it work for me................................not exactly!

I'm not going to say it did't work because I actually had no stretch marks until 37 weeks pregnant and even then I only had 2 or 3 and they really weren't that bad. I was applying bio oil religiously twice a day and although it was a pain as it didn't really soak into your skin properly so it would end up all over your top I was determined to continue as I had been using it for so long and had heard good things about it. My stretch mark dilemma all happened (apart from those 2-3 I mentioned) when I went into hospital :( Alas I believe after having my c-section I came out with 5-6 extra little buggers :(

I continued to use the bio oil for weeks after my baby was born but honestly it seemed to make no difference to the appearance of my stretch marks.

I am now a firm believer that it is down to genetics and how big your baby gets etc as to how many (if any) stretch marks you are going to get. What I will say in bio oils defence is that I didn't get a single mark until 38 weeks.. could of been down to the bio oil, who knows and that it does leave your skin really smooth after you apply it. Also it is a great substitue for massage oil if all else fails....

To those of you who have lots of lovely babies and do not end up with a single stretch mark, I hate you.................haha only kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment